Are you looking for something you can bring to a New Year’s Eve party? Or maybe you’re planning in advance for a Super Bowl party? Try these Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders! I brought them to a gathering last week and they were a hit. My husband has asked that I make them for a family dinner sometime in the near future.
I got this recipe from Clean Eating magazine and doubled it for the gathering.
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 2.5 ” chunks
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c hot pepper sauce
- olive oil cooking spray
- 5 tbsp whole wheat flower (or gluten free flour)
- 2 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 3 1/2 c corn flakes, crushed
- 3/4 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp scallions, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 fresh ground black pepper
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and hot sauce.
- Pour mixture into bag with chicken. The recipe says to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. I only did it for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Top with a wire rack. Spray with cooking spray.
- Put crushed cereal in a shallow bowl.
- In a different resealable bag, combine flour and cayenne pepper.
- Remove chicken from marinade and transfer to the bag with flour. Shake until the chicken is coated. The remaining marinade should be poured into a shallow bowl.
- Take flour-coated chicken, dip in the marinade, and roll in the cereal.
- Transfer to the wire rack for baking.
- Bake for about 22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- While the chicken in baking, make the dipping sauce: combine the yogurt, 1 tsp lemon juice, blue cheese, scallions, salt, and pepper. Stir.