This is one of my go-to quick weeknight dinners. These little pizzas are fun for kids to assemble and pack a ton of flavor and nutrients.
- Whole wheat pitas or sandwich thins split into two halves
- BBQ sauce (I use full circle organic brand and add some honey)
- 1lb cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed *
- chopped red onion
- chopped tomato
- cubed avocado
- chopped cilantro
- cheddar/jack cheese – shredded
* To make the chicken – preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Throw the chicken in a glass pan. Cover with foil. Cook for about 1 hour. Voila!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet in foil/parchment and lay out the pitas or sandwich thins
- Spread bbq sauce on pitas/thins
- Add chicken, onion, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of pizzas
- Bake 7-12 minutes depending on size and amount of toppings – when cheese is melted the pizzas are done.
Thats a great idea!