Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are my husband’s favorite. I wanted to make them for a special treat for the family, but knew that my old recipe would need some cleaning up. These cookies still have a fair amount of sugar, but they’re fine for one of our rare treats. These cookies are best baked only until the edges are brown and the centers are still soft and gooey.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, cream together butter, and sugars until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are just golden brown. Cool slightly, remove from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.