Oh yes! It’s time for summer drinks. This is a twist on the classic Arnie Palmer. So good on a hot day to cool down. This is also a great use for the mint that may have taken over your garden.
- 2/3 cup sugar (organic, or sucanat)
- 1 quart + 1/3 cup water
- 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 4 Black/Green or White Tea Bags
- In a sauce pan over medium heat combine the sugar and 1/3 cup water. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add the mint sprigs. Allow to cool.
- Heat one quart of water in another pan or tea pot to boiling. Remove from heat and add tea bags (4). Allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove mint sprigs from simple syrup. Add simple syrup (made in Step 1) to tea.
- Fill a 2 quart pitcher half full with ice. Add tea mixture and juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Stir and refrigerate to cool and allow flavors to develop.
- Serve over ice with fresh mint leaves.