It all started with one little bug in the kitchen. Then, three. Then 10. Then they were everywhere including upstairs in our bedrooms! At the time, I had no idea what kind of bug they were. So, I Googled “how to get rid of tiny bugs / flies in the kitchen.” I found this solution for fruit flies. I didn’t know if I had fruit flies or not but I figured it was worth a go since I had the ingredients in my kitchen. Get ready for it:
Yep! That’s it! That’s all you need! As you can see, even the bugs in my house get organic. 🙂 I put the solution in four different dishes around my kitchen in the hope I would be rid of my problem sooner rather than later. I’m not sure if it went faster but it certainly worked! Looking for some entertainment? You can either sit and watch the flies be instantly attracted or you can walk away for an hour and come back to find dozens of flies who passed away in a watery grave. Seriously, you’d think I’d know these were fruit flies simply from how quickly they reproduced. I remember THAT from 10th grade genetics! Thanks, Mr Brown. Anyway, for those of you wondering what to do, here’s the process:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (to attract the little buggers)
- Dish soap (to provide the surface tension and prevent them from flying away)
- A shallow dish
- Pour in a bit of dish soap. Dime – quarter size squeeze.
- Top off with about 3/4″ of apple cider vinegar.
- Leave on your counter.
- I put a new dish out every day. Not because I think the solution lost its potency but because the dead bugs sitting on my counter grossed me out as I was preparing meals. Keep doing it until you’re not attracting more flies. That means (hopefully) that they’re gone!