Remember the apple chip recipe I got from my daughter’s school? Well, they also sent home a recipe which they called CauliMash. I made it tonight and told my kids they’re mashed potatoes.
We served it up with my husband’s turkey burgers and fruit (some had raspberries, some had oranges); dinner took less than 30 minutes to make and get on the table. The school says there are only 60 calories, 2g fat, and 6g protein. Sounds good to me!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3/4 c fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c low-fat cream cheese (I only had regular cream cheese which brought up the fat content but, man, it was awesome!)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot, bring 3-4 c of water to a boil.
- Trim cauliflower so you have florets.
- Put in boiling water. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well (too much water will make them runny after they’re blended) and place in a food processor.
- Blend cauliflower, yogurt, and cream cheese.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top. (I mixed it in the processor but it gave the cauliflower a stronger orange tint than I anticipated. Tasted great but it was a bit odd-looking).
- Season with salt and pepper.