I saw this Chicken and Cauliflower “Fried Rice” recipe on Deliciously Organic awhile back. I want to share it with you (with a few different proportions) because it was pretty tasty, the kids liked it, and it’s a great high-protein, low-fat meal.
I will warn you, it makes a large dish so plan on using it for the main meal. I had used it as a side item when we had pork tenderloin (spice-rubbed and marinade) and we had way too much leftover. While we ate the leftovers, it definitely tasted better when it was freshly made. Also, when you eat it fresh, it will actually taste like fried rice but there is a slight aftertaste of cauliflower. If you like cauliflower, you won’t find this bothersome.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 5 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tsp dry sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 c peas
- 10 baby or 2 full-sized carrots
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- Put chicken, 1 tbsp tamari, sherry, and garlic in a medium-sized bowl. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the leafy parts off of the cauliflower head. Also, trim off the majority of the stems.
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor and run the food processor until the cauliflower is rice sized. It took about 12 pulses in my Ninja. NOTE: I had to do this in batches. Set the cauliflower aside.
- Steam the peas and carrots. I do it in the microwave using these Pampered Chef micro-cookers.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil over medium heat in an electric skillet.
- Place chicken mixture in the skillet until cooked through. Be sure to break up the big chunks. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Melt 2 tbsp coconut oil over medium heat in the electric skillet.
- Add cauliflower and 4 tbsp tamari. Stir.
- Once it’s thoroughly mixed and heated through, make a space for the eggs. Scramble the eggs and then mix in with the cauliflower.
- Add the peas, carrots, and chicken back into the mixture.
- Thoroughly mix and make sure it’s entirely warmed.