When I’ve had a long week, my husband is really good about making dinner. He’s also good at remembering that dinner doesn’t have to be complicated, new, innovative, or creative. It just has to taste good!. One of his best offerings are bacon and egg sandwiches.
If you care about such things, it’s quite easy to make this a clean eating and/or organic dish. Just use nitrite- and nitrate-free bacon (pork or turkey), free range organic eggs, bread made with minimal ingredients (like Great Harvest Bread Company‘s), and organic butter.
This recipe will feed a family of four. Throw some oranges on the side of the sandwich and you’ve got a meal!
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon according to the package directions.
- Whisk the eggs. Cook in a fry pan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Basically, you’re making scrambled eggs.
- Toast the bread.
- Once everything has cooked, butter the toast and assemble your sandwich!
- Add cheddar cheese.
- Add avocado.